Capital Improvement Committee Agenda
Town of Bellingham – Municipal Center
Monday, August 8, 2011 at 7:15 p.m.
1. CIC Present:
2. CIC Absent
3. Meeting called to order: 7:15 p.m.
4. DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS CAPITAL REQUESTS
Email from Donald DiMartino, 7/21/2011: I will be working on a list of capital projects/purchases for the October Town meeting. I am waiting for some back up info before submitting the official requests. I don’t expect to be ready for July 25th
Items over $50K will include:
General or Highway
- Replace another of our Large 6 wheel dump/salt/plow truck (two were requested last year in the overall capital plan only one funded) – about $170K
- Replace a small dump/plow truck – About $70K
- Road projects which will come from the Road Committee (next meeting 8/3)
- Water Surplus allocation to water capital (Marilyn tells me we should have $165K in water surplus to work with for allocation to projects. Also, I expect to get the grant funded Water Capital Improvement Plan from the engineers by early August, for the Selectmen to discuss at their 8/15 meeting. They may want to move of other projects too.)
- Cross St Water Facilities Upgrade Additional Funding (IF NEEDED - we should have bids in hand by mid September and can then determine if more money is needed to do this project) This is the top priority.
- Water Main Construction – Mann Street and others possibly –
- Conceptual – Planning engineering for future Well 12 treatment likely with filtration plant upgrades. Issues with Bacteria and chronic high Manganese
- Meter Replacement – Step up meter replacement
5. MEETING WITH CFO REGARDING CAPITAL REQUESTS AND FUNDING
Updated 5-year Capital?
Department of Public Works
6. GENERAL DISCUSSION
A. DPW Facility Feasibility Committee Appointees
C. Correspondence/Emails/Memo's etc.