Finance Committee and Capital Improvement Committee Agenda
Town of Bellingham – Municipal Center
Monday, September 22, 2014, 7:00 p.m. (Arcand Room)
1. FinCom Present:
2. FinCom Absent:
3. Meeting called to order: 7:00 p.m.
4. POLICE DEPARTMENT - PORTABLE MESSAGE BOARD; amount requested $13,500.00.
From August 18, 2014 meeting: The Police Department is requesting the message board to announce safety issues, traffic tie ups, construction projects, etc. At this time, they borrow boards from other towns or rent them. They would like the purchase the Wanco, Metro VMS because of the three quotes they received, Wanco has a 5 year warranty and the company is Liddell Brothers in Halifax, MA, who will service it.
Raymond Szczepan mentioned that this item was a "wish" and not a necessity. He would like to take this under advisement and discuss it further.
5. PULASKI BLVD – NORFOLK STREET TO AUCLAIR STREET ($150,000)
No action taken. The final cost figure is not available; this will be address at a later meeting.
From July 14, 2014 Meeting: Amount requested $150,000. This project is a top priority and is to replace and upsize the 6" water main to 8". The cost is based on $150/foot with services for 1,000 feet. This project was funded at the 2014 May Town Meeting from borrowing. He would like to amend the funding to be transferred from water surplus
We will add this to the next agenda to discuss the funding.
6. ARTICLE 7 - AMENDED REVOLVING FUND - CONSERVATION COMMISSION (Conservation Commission & Chris)
7. ARTICLE 1; AMEND ARTICLE 1 - FY 2014 BUDGET (Board of Selectmen)
8. ARTICLE 2; AMEND ARTICLE 2 - TRASH ENTERPRISE (Board of Selectmen)
9. ARTICLE 3 - AMEND ARTICLE 3 - WATER ENTERPRISE (Board of Selectmen)
10. ARTICLE 4 - AMEND ARTICLE 4 - SEWER ENTERPRISE (Board of Selectmen)
From Department of Public Works: We will need an Amendment to this article. I received good numbers from CRPCD for FY2015 just before the Town Meeting so we did not change it then. The appropriated amount for them is $18,915.50 below their projected billing, which is always dead on. I still hope to see an invoice for this fiscal year from Woonsocket before town meeting. They promised it in July but nothing yet. I know I estimated the host fee low by at least $2,762. I don’t know if I will be sure that is all I am short until after the October meeting. Therefore, minimum I need to add to the expenses side of 0300-460 Sewer Enterprise $21,677.50. Rate revenue for FY2015 should be more than sufficient to cover these
.11. ARTICLE 6 - NON-CAPITAL OUTLAY EXPENDITURES (Less than $50,000) (Board of Selectmen)(Any last minute items??)
12. ARTICLE 8 - MUNICIPAL AGGREGATION OF ELECTRICITY (Board of Selectmen)(Emailed Finance Committee Guide to Municipal Electric Aggregation in Massachusetts, by Executive Office of Energy & Environmental Affairs)
13. ARTICLE 13 - GENERAL BYLAW - FORECLOSED PROPERTY (Board of Selectmen)
14. ARTICLE 16 - TAX STABILIZATION FUND (Board of Selectmen)
15. ARTICLE 17 - CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT TRUST FUND (Board of Selectmen)
16. ARTICLE 9. HAMPTON COURT, KENSINGTON COURT, LEEDS LANE, OXFORD COURT & WHITEHALL WAY ACCEPTANCE (Mark A. Kablack, Esq.) (Report of Professional Services Corporation, PC re: drainage problems emailed to Finance Committee members-Board of Selectmen holding hearing on October 6, 2014)
9/3/2014 Police - We have no problem with street acceptance for these roads.
9/3/2014 - Department of Public Works - Recommended by the Department of Public Works
9/3/2014 - Conservation Commission - The Conservation Commission recommends Articles 9, 10 11 and 12 on the Warrant for the Special Town meeting in October.
17. ARTICLE 14 - TRANSFER OF FUNDS TO O.P.E.B. TRUST (CFO)
18. ARTICLE 15 - STABILIZATION FUND (Finance Committee)
19. ARTICLE 18 - UNPAID BILLS (Finance Committee)
So far there are two unpaid bills - don't have copies yet.
20. NEW BUSINESS:
10 OLD BUSINESS
a. When to reschedule?
DISCUSS THE BUILDING COMMITTEE BY-LAW with Board of Selectmen.
DISCUSS OF COMMITTEE/BOARDS/COMMISSION STIPENDS with Board of Selectmen.
8/20/2014 from Michael Connor - BOS passed on the building committee and stipends for Fall TM, opting to defer until later in the year.
11. Approval of minutes
a. September 8, 2014 (FC: Sean Coyle, Alexander J. Elliott)(CIC: Jerald A. Mayhew)
b. September 15, 2014 (CIC: Roland Lavallee, Jerald A. Mayhew)