Joint Finance Committee and Capital Improvement Committee Informal Notes
Tour of 200 Center Street
Saturday, June 18, 2011
1. Present: FinCom: Roland Lavallee, Toni Picariello, Joseph Collamati, Raymond Szczepan.
CIC: Roland Lavallee, Toni Picariello, Joseph Collamati, Judy Manning
2. Others present: Ed Featherson, Michael Connor, Michael Soter Dawn Davies (Board of Selectmen); William Roberts (Parks Commission); Donald DiMartino, Department of Public Works, Frank Morse, Anne Morse, Property Owners.
3. Tour started: 11:15 a.m.
- Property is 8.5 acres
- Both buildings have new rubber roofs
- New doors installed on front and rear building
- The offices have been renovated in the front building.
- New asphalt in the parking area.
- Town owns the property in the front.
- There is duct work, so air conditioning could be added.
- Sewer is available, so property could be connected.
- Gas is available for heating, currently heated with oil.
- Energy efficient lighting has been installed.
- The two buildings is a total of 26,000 square feet (double what the DPW has now).
- In the back building, there is a 10 ton trolley crane that travels both width and length of the building.
- Donald DiMartino mentioned that the back section of the property is a big area and cold be used for dirt processing, parcel is sufficiently sized.
With regard to the water problem, we were told that Toll Brothers are working on it.
(FinCom Accepted 7/25/2011)
(CIC Accepted 725/2011)
Fox Hill Run
& Toll Bros.