Bellingham Housing Authority
February 14, 2017 held at Wrentham Manor
- Call to Order at 6:02 p.m. Announcement made that meeting is being recorded.
The regular meeting of the Housing Authority Board of Commissioners was held at Wrentham Manor. The following members, staff and others were present:
Joseph M. Hall, Chairman Linda Cartier, Treasurer
Debra Sacco, Assistant Treasurer Sandra Tracy, Commissioner
Monique Bergeron, Executive Director Richard Conlon, CPA
Mr. Sposato is absent.
- Approval of minutes of January 2017 minutes
- Minutes inadvertently left out of packet. Approval tabled until March 14, 2017 meeting.
- Mrs. Messina inquired why Building 10 could not have the snow removed in a similar way as Building 30. Mrs. Bergeron explained that Building 10 has the snow removed where appropriate. Mrs. Messina tried to explain that the EMT’s do not have proper access to the unit in that building. Mrs. Bergeron and Mrs. Messina will meet to discuss the specifics so that all will understand.
- Mrs. Hutchins asked why the rear of the buildings were not clear of snow yet. Mrs. Bergeron stated they would be done on Thursday. She also wanted to know why there was no one available on site when the power went out. Mrs. Bergeron stated she was sure that Mr. Pelletier was on site. She would get back to Mrs. Hutchins with a positive answer.
- Discussion ensued regarding power outages, safety, the Community Room generator, and emergency lighting. Mrs. Bergeron stated that the Community Room is hooked to the generator, tenants can call the on-call number for assistance if needed, and the buildings have emergency lighting. Mrs. Bergeron explained that this is independent living and the tenants should be prepared if there is an emergency. The board suggested that staff “camp out” in the Community Room so tenants know someone is here.
- The board inquired whether the Authority could utilize other agencies for snow removal such as the Council on Aging, National Honor Society or Boy Scouts.
- Mrs. Bergeron stated that normally, the rear of the buildings would be done the same day; however, Mrs. Bergeron terminated a part-time staff person. The board was not apprised of this situation; Mrs. Bergeron will try to remedy the transmittal of that type of information in the future. He was terminated due to excessive poor performance.
3.1 Public Housing Notice 2015-08/Public Housing Notice 2017-04
- Mr. Hall stated that the Authority is waiting for more guidance from DHCD on the regulations.
4.1 Certification of Compliance with Notification Procedures for Federal and State Lead Paint Laws
- Presented by Mrs. Bergeron. Document to certify that the Authority is in compliance with State, Federal and local laws regarding Lead-based paint.
- Motion made by Mrs. Cartier, seconded by Mrs. Sacco, all in favor, motion carried.
4.2 Approval of FY2018 Budgets
- Mr. Conlon presented the budgets; questions were answered and discussion ensued regarding salaries, spending, benefits, fuel/utilities, cameras, exterior lighting, heat pumps, and the Housing Choice Voucher program.
- Motion made by Mrs. Sacco to approve the 400-1 FY2018 budget as presented, Mrs. Cartier pointed out the Mr. Sposato is absent in reference to the budget certification form, seconded by Mrs. Cartier, all in favor, motion carried.
- Motion made by Mrs. Sacco to approve the MRVP FY2018 budget as presented with the correction of Mr. Sposato as absent, seconded by Mrs. Cartier, all in favor, motion carried.
- Motion made by Mrs. Sacco to approve the Housing Choice Voucher FY2018 budget as presented, seconded by Mrs. Cartier, all in favor, motion carried.
4.3 Resolution 2017-02 Disposition of Assets
- Mrs. Bergeron presented a request to dispose of an external hard drive and two ranges.
- Motion made by Mrs. Sacco, seconded by Mrs. Cartier, all in favor, motion carried.
4.4 Resolution 2017-03 667-1 Depot Court Roof Replacement Phase II Change Order
- Mrs. Bergeron presented a request to change the contract for an additional $ 29,552.41.
- Motion made by Mrs. Sacco to approve the change order, seconded by Mrs. Cartier.
- Mrs. Sacco pointed out that the actual change order reflects a change of $13,512.00, Mrs. Bergeron will change documents to indicate that.
- Motion amended by Mrs. Cartier, seconded by Mrs. Sacco, all in favor, motion carried.
4.5 Resolution 2017-04 Contract for Financial Assistance for Work Plan 5001 (Amendment)
- Mrs. Bergeron presented a request to amend the current capital improvement Work Plan for an additional $ 114,069.00 for FY 2019.
- Discussion regarding Mr. Hall’s name on the document as introducing the resolution (the suffix of Esquire)
- Motion made by Mrs. Sacco, seconded by Mrs. Tracy, Mrs. Cartier opposed (uncomfortable with the suffix), motion carried.
- Questions were answered appropriately in regard to Center St, Administrative salary, terminated employee, GFCI completion, shredding cost.
- Accountant’s Report
- Executive Director’s Report
- Highlights of report presented
- Met with RCAT team for CIP planning, Mr. Conlon for budget, MAT for new programming, PARS to discuss GASB75, the COA for Elder Mental Health Outreach and George Connolly to discuss land development.
- Any other business that may legally come before the board
- Executive Session per MGL Chpt. 30A, §219a) #2
- Executive Session tabled to next meeting
- Next meeting March 14, 2017
- Motion to adjourn made by Mrs. Cartier, seconded by Mrs. Sacco, all in favor, motion carried.