Bellingham Housing Authority
July 11, 2017 held at Wrentham Manor
- Call to Order at 5:30 p.m.
- Motion made to adjourn to Executive session by Mrs. Cartier, seconded by Mrs. Tracy, all in favor, motion carried.
- Board will return to regular session at 6:00 p.m.
- Call to Order at 6:02 p.m. for Regular Meeting. Announcement made that meeting is being recorded.
The following members, staff and others were present:
Lawrence J. Sposato, Jr, Chairman Linda Cartier, Treasurer
Sandra L Tracy, Commissioner Monique Bergeron, Executive Director
Amy Hurley, Middlesex Human Service Agency
Joseph M. Hall, Vice Chairman and Debra Sacco, Assistant Treasurer are absent.
Mrs. Bergeron introduced Ms. Hurley. Ms. Hurley will be shadowing Mrs. Bergeron for a few days to accommodate her education requirements to obtain her Master’s degree. She is required to observe an advocacy agency in action.
- No response to request due to no residents in attendance.
- Executive Director Performance Review
- Reviewed tenant surveys; commend Mrs. Bergeron; 3% retroactive salary increase can be processed
- Executive Director Contract Approval
- Contract approval is tabled until next meeting due to conflicting opinions with the actual contract; clarification and support is needed from absent members to finalize.
- Resolution 2017-17 Disposal of Fixed Assets
- Motion made by Mrs. Cartier to approve the disposal of fixed assets, seconded by Mrs. Tracy, all in favor, motion carried.
- Approval of minutes of June 13, 2017 minutes
- Mr. Sposato made a motion to accept the minutes, Mr. Sposato pointed out that in Section 1.1 title should be Mr. not Mrs. Sposato and in Section 3.1 address should be Hixon not Hixson; motion seconded by Mrs. Cartier with changes; all in favor, motion carried.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Accountant’s Report
- Mrs. Bergeron presented a three-year comparative for the board’s information as requested.
- Mrs. Bergeron presented information regarding compensated absences. Mr. Conlon stated that DHCD does not want Compensated Absences in the budget because it screws the ANUEL and it also changes drastically from year to year.
- Executive Director’s Report
- Highlights of report presented
- Met with NBcom to discuss installation of additional security cameras
- Attended Relocation Training at DHCD – Boston Office.
- Two vacant units for June; turn-around time is twenty-two days.
- Conducted private conference for two tenants and one applicant.
- Mrs. Tracy pointed out that the numbers seem off on the work order report.
- Any other business that may legally come before the board
- Mrs. Tracy noted that her telephone number on Board Member Listing is her home not her cellular phone.
- Next scheduled meeting of August 8, 2017 is cancelled
- The subsequently scheduled meeting is for September 12, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
- Motion to adjourn made by Mrs. Cartier, seconded by Mrs. Tracy, all in favor, motion carried.