Immediate opening for
PROPERTY MAINTENANCE professional for multi-family State-Aided Public Housing in Bellingham, MA.
Position is responsible for general repairs on property to include: painting, plumbing, basic electrical, basic carpentry or wall repair, and grounds maintenance. Ability to work efficiently and effectively in order to meet deadlines is a must, as well good customer service and communication skills.
- The preferred candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in multifamily apartment maintenance.
- Strong skills including plumbing, electrical, equipment maintenance, painting, janitorial tasks, grounds keeping, landscaping, plowing, snow removal and carpentry.
- Strong diagnostic and repair skills.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver's License, and have reliable transportation.
- The ability to lift 50-75 lbs.; the ability to perform the physical requirements of the job including lifting, bending, stooping, walking, reaching, and standing for varied periods.
- Must be able to read and respond to written instructions in English.
- Must have good visual ability.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment background screening including but not limited to a criminal background check, drug screening and physical exam.
The salary for this position is $18.00/hr., plus $50.00 on-call pay when applicable.
The position is part-time, nineteen hours per week with the availability of over-time hours especially during snow removal.
Please apply to Bellingham Housing Authority, 10 Wrentham Manor, Bellingham MA 02019 or BellinghamHA@comcast.net. No faxed applications or resumes will be accepted. Agency contact is Monique Bergeron, Executive Director at (508) 883-4999.