- The planting of trees, shrubs or bulbs in the ground is not permitted. Any plantings may be removed at the discretion of the Town without notice.
- No gravesite borders of any kind are allowed. Any that have been placed may be removed at the discretion of the Town without notice.
- Temporary decorations and markers must be durable, suitably anchored, and easily removable. Temporary decorations become the property of the Town as soon as they are placed and can be removed or modified at any time without notice. The Town will remove all decorations annually before April 30th.
- Memorial Lights and candles will be allowed and will not be annually removed, but as with any temporary decoration, the Town reserves the right to remove or modify these memorials should they become unsightly or a nuisance to maintenance efforts.
- Permission must be received from the Town before any raised monuments are installed. The Town has sole discretion in establishing the size, location, and orientation of monuments and markers.
- Once removed, we will keep any decorations and objects at the DPW. If you want your decorations or objects, you will need to pick them up. They will be disposed of them on annual on May 16th.
Columbarium Decorations are prohibited
- No items or decorations are allowed on or near the Columbarium. There will be no exceptions. Owners/custodians are prohibited from hanging, adhering to, and placing on top of or in front of any decals, flowers, pots, pictures and decorations. Any such items placed may be removed at the discretion of the Town without notice.
- Nothing should be placed in the landscape areas around the columbarium aprons.
- No planting of flower, trees, shrubs, etc. are allowed without the express written permission of the Cemetery Committee.
- Objects that are currently in place on or near the columbariums will be removed on or before April 30th. Once removed, the items will be kept at the DPW and disposed of on May 15th. If you want your decorations, you will need to remove them from the columbarium area immediately or pick them up at the DPW before May 15th.
- In the future, objects found on or near the columbariums, will be removed by the Town without notification and disposed of immediately.
We understand the desire to commemorate special occasions for your loved ones, but the Cemetery Committee must maintain a unified and esthetically pleasing appearance of the grounds.
We appreciate your cooperation and thank you for abiding by these regulations.
Town of Bellingham
- Francis E. Cartier, Chairman
- Alan Bogan, Vice Chairman
- James Haughey, Member at Large
- Scott (Center Street)
- Center (Mechanic Street)
- Depot St (Depot Street)
- Oak Hill (Hartford Ave)
- North (Hartford Ave)