The Town of Bellingham invites contractors to submit bids for: Police Station Demolition with Hazardous Material Abatement (Contract 2017-OPSD).
Bids must be received by October 26, 2017 at 1:00 PM at the Bellingham Town Clerk’s Office, Municipal Center, 10 Mechanic Street, Bellingham, MA, at which time they will be opened and read aloud.
The building being demolished is the old Bellingham Police Station (approximately 5,000 square feet one story on a concrete slab) located at 2 Mechanic Street, Bellingham, MA. The Project Consists of:
- Abatement of hazardous materials & building demolition.
- Disposal of all hazardous materials; disposal/recycling of all other building materials, buildings contents, and ancillary items.
- Utility disconnection, abandonment, and capping.
- Removal all concrete slabs & footings to 4 feet below finish grade
- Backfilling excavations/voids, and site restoration to loam and seed.
- Relocate generator to DPW yard, demolition and removal of generator pad & conduit
A pre-bid conference will be held on October 19, 2017 at 10:00 AM at the site. Bidders are advised to attend the conference to avoid excess scheduling of bidder site visits.
Bid must be Mass DCAMM certified for demolition to be considered an eligible bidder. The project estimated value is $100,000.
Contract documents will be available after Noon on October 4, 2017
- Hard Copy - pick up at the Department of Public Works Office, 26 Blackstone St. Bellingham (open 7:00 am and 4:30 pm Monday through Friday).
- Electronic Copy (PDF) – email a request to email@example.com
There is no deposit for bid document picked up or emailed.
Hard copies will be mailed to prospective bidders for a prepaid fee of $50.00.
A 5% bid bond is required for submittal of bids. Contractors selected to perform work will be required to submit 50% payment bond for the estimated total value of the bid.
Firms must be able to supply insurance certificates indicating coverage with general liability, and automobile limits of $1,000,000 for each occurrence and $3,000,000 aggregate and mandatory worker’s compensation insurance with a $500,000 limit of employer’s liability.
All employees performing work under this contract must be paid in accordance with the, commonwealth of Massachusetts approved wage scales. Certified payrolls must be provided to the Town for all work performed.
Firms submitting prices must be equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. Women and minority businesses are encouraged to submit prices.
The Town reserves the right to reject any and all bids. The Board of Selectmen is the awarding authority on this contract.
Contact the Bellingham DPW for further information.