To find your regular scheduled pick up day for trash/recycling, see the Curbside Recycling Information Flyer and Calendar. This flyer includes a list of items that can be placed in your yellow top recycling toter. It is mailed to Town’s residents each summer. To obtain an additional flyer, call or stop by the DPW office. To view calendar click here.
Things you should know:
- The town issues 65 gallon trash toter (green lid) and 95 gallon recycling toter (yellow lid).
- Your quarterly charges for trash & recycle covers the volume of your toters, the bulk pickup & white goods pickup.
- Only town issued toters will be dumped. No other barrels/boxes will be dumped.
- Place the toter(s) at the curb the night before your scheduled pickup day.
- Place the trash toter (green lid) at least 3 feet from the recycling toter (yellow lid).
- Only recyclable material should be placed in the recycle toter. Please see the calendar for items
- You must be able to close the lid.
- Any excess waste should be placed in a Town Waste bag. These 45 gallon bags are available only at the DPW office. The cost is $3.00 per bag.
- Extra non-town issued bags and boxes on top of the toter or to the side will not be picked up.
- Additional toters are available upon request. Additional charges may incur.
- Trash Bulk Item Pickup (click here for more info.)
- The ONLY days that trash & recycling pick up will be delayed are: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, & Christmas. If any of these holidays fall on a weekend they will NOT be delayed.
- Please make every effort to RECYCLE, REDUCE, REUSE.
- Needles, syringes & lancets – DO NOT DISPOSE IN YOUR TRASH TOTER. The Senior Center has a drop off container. Town Recycling Center is located on South Maple Street and is open for town residents only. Proof of residency is required. For hours of operation and a list of items that may be dropped off click here. Home renovation and construction debris, (click here)
For seasonal events such as Hazardous Waste click here.