E.L. Harvey & Sons will handle the trash and recycling service.
Starting Tuesday, September 4thE.L. Harvey & Sons will handle the trash and recycling service. You can expect little changes however these important changes you will need to take note.
Your pickup day will remain the same, but the time your bins are emptied may change. You should always have your bins out on the curb by 7:00 am and removed from the curb by 7:00 pm.
Another import change is if you have any questions, issues or concerns with your pickup or how to dispose of an item you will call Harvey directly. Harvey and Sons has a fully staffed call center to help you. As of September 4th - CALL 800-321-3002 for all trash-recycling answers.
For questions about Household Hazardous Waste Day in the late Spring, you will call the Board of Health for the date.
Sharps Mail Back Program will be discontinued. You may drop your sharps off at the Senior Center.
E. L. Harvey & Sons at 1-800-321-3002
Things you should know:
- The town issues 65 gallon trash toter (green lid) and 95 gallon recycling toter (yellow lid).
- Your quarterly charges for trash & recycle covers the volume of your toters, the bulk pickup & white goods pickup.
- Only town issued toters will be dumped. No other barrels/boxes will be dumped.
- Place the toter(s) at the curb the night before your scheduled pickup day.
- Place the trash toter (green lid) at least 3 feet from the recycling toter (yellow lid).
- Only recyclable material should be placed in the recycle toter. Please see the calendar for items
- You must be able to close the lid.
- Any excess waste should be placed in a Town Waste bag. These 45 gallon bags are available only at the DPW office. The cost is $3.00 per bag.
- Extra non-town issued bags and boxes on top of the toter or to the side will not be picked up.
- Additional toters are available upon request. Additional charges may incur.
- Trash Bulk Item Pickup (click here for more info.)
- The ONLY days that trash & recycling pick up will be delayed are: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, & Christmas. If any of these holidays fall on a weekend they will NOT be delayed.
- Please make every effort to RECYCLE, REDUCE, REUSE.
- Needles, syringes & lancets – DO NOT DISPOSE IN YOUR TRASH TOTER. The Senior Center has a drop off container. Town Recycling Center is located on South Maple Street and is open for town residents only. Proof of residency is required. For hours of operation and a list of items that may be dropped off click here. Home renovation and construction debris, (click here)
For seasonal events such as Hazardous Waste click here.