All discount passes are funded by the generosity of the Friends of the Bellingham Public Library or sponsored by local businesses.
Some of our pass locations are now open and accepting library passes.
Most museums and attractions are requiring you to follow specific instructions in order to receive a discount towards admission. On the museum pass reservation page, please click on the "pass details" of the attraction you wish to visit to view those instructions and plan accordingly.
The page will show you the pass calendar for the next 3 days, as well as the list of museums and attractions.
The Bellingham Public Library offers passes and coupons that provide discounted or free admission to area museums and attractions. We are pleased to offer Bellingham residents the convenience of online self-reservation of these passes and coupons.
Passes can be reserved in advance only by Bellingham residents and members of the Friends of the Library. Some passes may be limited to Bellingham residents only. Reservations may be made online, in person or by phone by Bellingham residents, if overdue charges on the card are under $10.00. Residents of other towns who are members of the Friends of the Library must call or visit in person to reserve passes. Non-residents who are not members of the Friends of the Bellingham Library may borrow passes on the day they wish to visit, provided the desired pass is available.
Some museum passes must be returned on the same day for which it was reserved, either to the Circulation desk if the library is open, or placed in an envelope and dropped in the outside book deposit. An overdue charge of $5.00 per day will be assessed for returnable passes that are not returned by the time the library opens the following library business day.
Overdue charges accrued through late return of museum passes will be charged against the patron’s borrowing card and if such overdue charges exceed $10.00, borrowing privileges will be lost until payment of overdue charges is made.
If you are unable to place an online reservation for any reason and would like staff assistance please visit the library or call (508- 966-1660) for assistance.
- You must be a Bellingham resident, 18 years or older, with a library card in good standing.
- You must use your library card to make the online reservation.
- To make a reservation online, you must have a PIN number affiliated with your library card.
(You may set one up by logging onto your library account)
- You may book passes up to 60 days in advance.
- Returnable passes (except for one day only coupons) must be returned to the library before the library opens the morning after use, so they are available to other patrons.
- Passes not returned on time (before the library opens) will be assessed a $5.00 per day late fee.
- Reservations for passes that are not picked up by 12 noon on the reserved day may be cancelled.
- Patrons can only have 1 reservation during any 30 day period.
- The Southwicks Zoo pass, due to cost and popularity, is only issued to Bellingham residents and members of the Friends of the Library.
- Members of the same household are not able to have more than 1 reservation for the same pass on the same day.
Directions for making an online reservation
Click here to go to the museum pass reservation page.
The page will show you the pass calendar for the next three days. Use the drop downs to change parameters to:
A Specific Pass Attraction
If there is a specific day you would like to reserve, just click on that date on the calendar.
Click on request pass to reserve
Enter your library barcode number
Enter your pin number
Follow the instructions, until you get a message that states “Your Pass Reservation is Complete.”
If you do not receive this message, the reservation is not confirmed.
Remember to enter your email address during the reservation process.
This option will generate a confirmation email to your email account and you can also select to have an email reminder sent to you one, two or seven days before your reservation. (We highly recommend that you request an email reminder to help alleviate the problem of forgetting to cancel reservations of passes that you do not intend to use.)
Canceling your reservation
If you change your mind and will not be using the pass, you can log into the reservation system by clicking on the “My Passes” link (under the calendar) and all of your reservations will show. Click on “Cancel this Reservation.” If you are canceling too close to the reservation date, you will see a message that states, “Please call the library to cancel this pass.” We would appreciate being notified so that we can offer the pass to other patrons.