The Bellingham Library provides various spaces for the posting of community activities, events and information, as well as posting notices, flyers, brochures and more from local nonprofit, educational and cultural organizations. The library does not post advertising selling products or services or for other commercial purposes.
Posting Regulations & Guidelines:
- Approval of all requests for public posting is at the discretion of the library director.
- All posting requests should be dropped off at the library.
- Designated library staff will date and initial all notices, posters, brochures and other items to be posted.
- Only designated library staff can post and remove notices.
- Notices are discarded upon removal.
- Unauthorized items will be removed and discarded.
- The library does not assume responsibility for materials that are lost or stolen.
- Acceptance of materials for posting does not imply library endorsement of a group or organization, its policies or beliefs.
- Notices should generally be no larger than 8 ½” X11” but larger notices will be considered, space permitting.
- Notices that are date sensitive will be removed once the date is passed.
- Notices that are not date sensitive will be posted for up to 90 days, space permitting.
- Bellingham notices will be given first priority, followed by surrounding towns, space permitting.
- Complaints about this policy or the content of any particular notice should be directed to the library director.
The following activities are strictly prohibited:
- Display of materials (notices, brochures, bookmarks, cards, etc.) on tables, bookshelves or in library materials, without authorization. Such materials will be immediately removed and discarded.
Approved by the Library Board of Trustees, March 14, 2019