Message from Town Clerk Larry Sposato:
Town Clerk Services During Covid-19 Advisory
The Bellingham Municipal Center is closed to the public until at least April 7th. The Town Clerks office will have minimal staffing during this pandemic. We will work within reason to accommodate public requests, keeping the safety and well-being of our staff and the public in mind.
Please take note of how the new State guidelines are affecting Town Clerk Operations:
A staff member will be in the office on a limited basis. The office can be reached by email, email@example.com ,or, by leaving a message at 508-657-2831.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time for all of residents. Please follow State guidelines for your health and safety and that of your loved ones.
- Renewals can be done when the Town offices re-open.
- If you are being required to file or show proof of filing, contact the Town Clerk via the email stated above.
Dogs & Dog licensing
- By Mail: Bellingham Town Clerk 10 Mechanic Street, Bellingham MA 02019, or drop off check or money order in the drop box opposite the front door of the Municipal Center.
- Please be aware that your dogs have to be current with their rabies vaccination(s). Please send rabies verification with your registration.
- For any dogs you may find wandering in your neighborhood that appear to be lost, or any other dog related issue, please contact the Bellingham Police non-emergency line at 508-966-1515, so that they can help re-unite lost dogs with their owners and/or communicate with the Animal Control officer.
- Expect that the Municipal Elections to be postponed by approximately one month (date to be released soon).
- We encourage all who are not able to go to the polls to request an absentee ballot application.
- If you are not able to print out the application online, you may send any written form of correspondence with your signature requesting an absentee ballot.
- These requests should be emailed firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to: 10 Mechanic Street, Bellingham 02019, or, placed in the silver-colored drop box in front of Town Hall.
If you have an emergency that requires immediate action, consideration will be on a case-by- case basis, with the safety of our staff and the community a priority.
- This service will be provided only to those couples whose wedding date has been scheduled to be performed within the two weeks, and, by appointment only. Please keep in mind that there is a (3) three day waiting period and a license is good for (60) sixty days. Please contact the Town Clerk at email@example.com or 508-657-2830.
Justice of the Peace Services
- We will provide a list of Justices of the Peace by mail or email.
Oath of Office for Board and Committee Members
- Will resume when Town offices are open to the public.
- If your board must meet during this time, and you will be participating having not taken your oath of office, please contact the Town Clerk prior to the meeting.
Public Record Requests
- Please submit any public records requests through the following:
- We will do our best to fulfill these requests during this pandemic. With Town offices closed to the public, there may be some information which is not readily available at this time. Consequently, there could be delays in responding.
- Town Meeting will be postponed. The Town Moderator in conjunction with the Select board, Town Administrator and Town Clerk will update our residents with date changes.
- Decisions made will be for the health and welfare of all of our citizens.
Vital record request
- Birth, Death and Marriages certified copies.
- Please contact the Town Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure we have your vital record on file.
- Once this has been determined, you may go online to request and purchase your vital record.
- You may also do this by mail, sending in your request and $10 payment with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to: Bellingham Town Clerk, 10 Mechanic Street, Bellingham, MA 02019. or, drop off in the silver-colored drop box in front of Town Hall.
Until further notice, NO CASH will be accepted at the Town Hall complex. Please pay with check or money order, or, use credit/debit card online for items such as tax payments and building permits.
Please check the Town website for updates on meeting changes, postponements, etc.